Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Scary Thing Happened on the way to My House

So, Casey and I went to the movies.
We saw Safe Haven. COME ON NICHOLAS SPARKS. MAKE ME CRY AGAIN.
I haven't cried at one of his movies in a while.

Then we went to Chilis and the mall (I'm officially stopping shopping to save for the 2013 roadtrip) and home.

So we're driving.... driving... Hunter Hayes is on the cd player and it's NOT SNOWING AT ALL, okay?
So the guy in front of my is going about 20 miles an hour in a 45 and I'm like, "Casey, I am going to pass him." And she's like, "He's really slow. Do it."
So I do. And SWOOSH SWOOSH SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN ROLL BACKWARDS INTO A SNOWED IN GULLY.
Yes.

Here's what it looked like.

And while it's happening, Casey's like, "LESLIE. SLOW DOWN."
And I reply very calmly while trying to regain control of the car, "I can't."

And... then we stopped the car, got out and attempted pushing.

A lady stopped and helped us after about 15 minutes of chilling in the snow.
Sharon. We love you. 
We called AAA, only 2 more people stopped.
The woman whose house we landed at FINALLY came out after an hour...
The police showed up (A passerbyer called)

My first instinct? Hands up. I'm getting arrested.

They asked me if I had anything to drink.
of course, being as naive as I am, I almost answered,
"Well... I am kind of thirsty. I haven't had anything in a while."
Glad I didn't!

Then we got towed out and went on our way (slowly) home.

WHAT A NIGHT.

SAFEDRIVING & SMILES,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment