Friday, February 22, 2013

Mama Hen, Three Little Chicks, and a Gordon Adventure

So, Bffshwtng, Casey and I headed up to Gordon to see Kirstin.
We finally celebrated Casey's birthday.
(Even though I forgot her gift at home...)

Our first stop was lunch with Seth, Matt, and Rachel.

Then we went to the beach?
yeah. the beach.
I wouldn't recommend it.
It's very cold.

I kind of realized something this day.
I am the MAMA HEN.
I always pack extra snacks: water. cheese snacks. Applesauce (sometimes I forget spoons) 
 I always make arrangements. Planned the day, planning the roadtrip, planning concerts.
I am the one who speaks to strangers (coffee people. I order. I give the host our name. Ask for directions  with no shame)
PS: MY LADIES. 
I am so proud of you for putting the reservation in under MY name. 
Even though Ki looks at everyone and is like, "Who's gonna do it. She can't speak."
 I am always the designated driver of long days, watching my little chicks sleeping in the rearview mirror.
I always do the math: Gas. Tip. Separating equally...

Yes. And I have THREE little chicks.


Casey.
The adventurous one. Up for anything, dances to her own tune.

 Kirstin.
The troublemaker.
This face kind of says it all.
"Where's Kirstin?" is something I ask every time I turn my head and she has disappeared. 

When the waiter was calling for tables (we had been waiting for a while now)
and said, "Mike for 4?"
Ki taps him on the shoulder and says, "Did you ask for mike?"
"Yes."
"Well... we're not him. hehehehehe."
So cute.



Sarah.
My right hand chick.
Most likely nominated "Mommy's Girl" and sweetest.

 This is the "model" face

Cartwheel or eating dirt?

Let's just take in how my skin matches Ki's scarf and my jacket.
*Sigh*
Irish Complexion problems.

There's this article that I loooove that kind of explains it all.
"Let's begin with complexion. People try to be nice by calling our skin "fair" but we all know what they really mean is "frighteningly pale." Many thousands of years ago, a man named Patrick O'Haloran saw a glass of milk sitting on the table. "Hmmm," thought Patrick, "I sure wouldn't mind breeding with that lil' lass over there." After a few months the glass of pure white milk gave birth to a little baby with pure white skin like the milk and many small brown spots like its father. And so was born the Irish complexion: milky, sickly white with freckles everywhere"
"And don't think that this skin takes well to sun. Ireland is a cloudy, cold little island so, when the Irish were transplanted to America, we invented the first sunburn. But a burn is not really what it is. Sure, it turns red for a few minutes, but it really should be called a sun-peel, because that is exactly what happens. If you ever want to know what it feels like to actually shed an entire layer of skin at once, be Irish for a day in the summer. We're like snakes except nobody wants to make boots out of us"


Let us recall the day that I floated in the lake for a small amount of time.
Boom.
Blisters. Pain.
And see where it gets REALLY red by the lace?
I STILL have a permanent tan line there (even thought there's no tan...) because of how much I peeled off.

I'm not even 100  % Irish.
But it's like the only part of my lineage that actually arrived on my skin.

Anyway. That was a tangent...

My three best friends

Then we went to dinner at Cheesecake Factory 
(YUM)
Spent a million dollars between there are forever 21
(YIKES)

Funny story. 
This isn't staged.
This is me trying to Charade (Get the Waitress)
Hmm...



So... her birthday was January 31, but it we were celebrating. So... Yeah.
ki also told them she was 13. hahaha.


This is what heaven looks like.

 Saw these guys in the mall.
Why not?

I know my face is hilarious. 
"C'mon C'mon"  came on in Delias.
So obviously I jumped on the seating area and started dancing.

This is better (:


I love us SO MUCH.

Then we went back and hung out with Josh for a little and ate mozzarella sticks.
Then left, listening to old schools Boys Like Girls on the way home.

Dropped everyone off.
Rolled into bed around 1 am.

Yup. Good trip.

ChildrenLove & Smiles,
Leslie 

No comments:

Post a Comment